Allen House

400 Sycamore Avenue
Shrewsbury

Photo of Allen House

Built circa 1700, this house was acquired by the Historical Association in 1968 and is restored to the mid to late 18th century period when it was a tavern known as the "Blue Ball." Two rooms are furnished as a tavern of the period, where neighbors met to share conversations and news, travelers dined and lodged, and community groups held meetings.

For more information, call 732-747-6260 or 732-462-1466 or visit the Monmouth County Historical Association Website.


Other Historic Sites