150 West Main Street
William and Elizabeth Covenhoven built this impressive Georgian house in 1752-53. The main rooms have been furnished according to a 1790 inventory of William Covenhoven’s estate, and show the way a successful local farmer lived about the time of the American Revolution.
British General Henry Clinton occupied the house as his headquarters just prior to the Battle of Monmouth in 1778. Open-hearth cooking demonstrations are offered by appointment to school groups and occasionally to the public.
Please call 732-462-1466 for additional information or visit the Monmouth County Historical Association Website