Shore EZride is a seasonal jitney. Check back for the 2013 schedule that will be running Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The Shore EZride Jitney operates two jitney bus routes that connect the train stations in Long Branch, Asbury Park, and Bradley Beach with their beaches. The Asbury Park and Bradley Beach jitney also serves Ocean Grove in Neptune.
The service is $1 a ride. It is set up to encourage beach visitors to use public transportation to visit some of the most popular beaches in Monmouth County.
Now through Sept. 3, the Shore EZride Jitney buses will meet NJ Transit trains as they arrive. Travelers can then board the shuttle to the beach, shopping or restaurants along the jitney's loop.
Shore EZride Jitneys will operate Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The clearly marked Shore EZride Jitney stops are situated along the avenues and return trips are timed to get travelers back to the train station in advance of their departure.
Summer beachgoers are familiar with the traffic that clogs the roads leading to the shore, the traffic congestion within the towns and the shortage of parking. The Shore EZride Jitney service helps reduce traffic, ease parking and improve air quality.
To keep the fare low and encourage ridership, the program is jointly funded by Federal Transit Authority, which pays 75 percent of the costs, and the towns being served paying the remaining 25 percent. For more information call EZride at 877-462-1333.
Home | News Room | Info Center | Parks | Contact
| Last Updated 12/11/2012 12:31:00 PM