The Christ Church, Middletown, on the corner of King's Highway and Church Street has served a Church of England congregation since the 1680's. In 1795, the Church was deeded land of the Middletown Village blockhouse and county court by a former justice of the court. In 1744 a church building was erected on the blockhouse foundation. The present Christ Church, Middletown building was built in 1836, still using the blockhouse foundation dating to 1670.
The Foundation for Historic Christ Church, Middletown, is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization that receives and administers funds for the preservation of the Old Church building. Upkeep for church services remain the responsibility of the vestry.
For additional information, call 732-671-2524.
Home | News Room | Info Center | Parks | Contact
| Last Updated 4/3/2014 9:04:00 AM