137 Kings HighwayMiddletown
Marlpit Hall, built circa 1756, was home to Edward Taylor, a prosperous landowner and merchant who was active in colonial government and an ardent loyalist. The Taylor’s lost much in their wealth and influence after the Revolutionary War but retained the family farm. In 1936, Mrs. J. Amery Haskell presented this historic property to the MCHA. She had purchased, restored and finished it as a historic house museum. Today it is part of the New Jersey Women’s Heritage Trail.
For more information about Marlpit Hall, call 732-462-1466 or visit the Monmouth County Historical Association Website.
Home | News Room | Info Center | Parks | Contact
| Last Updated 4/3/2014 9:06:00 AM