For over two centuries, the Highlands of Monmouth County have served as a natural site for a lighthouse. The present towers, 250 feet above the Sandy Hook Bay,on the highest point along the coast, were constructed in 1862.Twin Lights of the Navesink is a brownstone double lighthouse. Though decommissioned in 1952, local organizations had a 500-watt blinker light installed (in 1962) as a reminder of the Light's heritage, maintained by the State Division of Parks and Forestry. The new exhibit installation centers around the history of the Twin Lights and the U.S. Life-Saving Service.
For additional information, call 732-872-1814.
Home | News Room | Info Center | Parks | Contact
| Last Updated 4/10/2015 8:17:00 AM